Finally, almost two years after launching this blog, I have procured the dot com domain to use with it!
The old domain (teawithgary.net) and the original domain (teawithgary.wordpress.com) still work, but if you have any links to this blog, you might want to update them to the new name.
When I first decided to look for a custom domain, teawithgary.com was taken, although I can’t imagine what anyone else was actually doing with it. It pointed to an auction page. About a year ago, I put in a bid and promptly forgot about it.
Two months ago, I finally got serious and decided I needed a dedicated domain instead of a WordPress domain. I took a quick look and found that teawithgary.com was still taken by someone else, so I registered teawithgary.net and brought it online in March. This month, I found that I’d won that auction from long ago, so I get to change names yet again.
Luckily, our friends at WordPress are easy to work with, and the change went through quickly, although depending on where you’re located, it may take another day or two before the new name works.
If you have any problems with accessing the blog under its new domain name, please leave me a comment here and I’ll look into it.
Posted on 27 May 2013, in Tea Thoughts and tagged domain name, teawithgary.com, TeaWithGary.net, wordpress. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment